As a woman with a big heart and who is an over-thinker, I appreciated this article.
Dating A Woman With A Big Heart And An Overthinking Mind Is Difficult But Worth It
I haven’t found that person yet. Still looking…
Dear single parents,
I won’t lie, it’s tough. I just realized that just recently. Well, it was more like a kick in the teeth. Someone that I was seeing broke it off with me. His reasoning was the real reason it feels like a kick in the teeth. He wasn’t comfortable with me having kiddos.
Well, I was completely honest from the get go. I didn’t have the kiddos hiding in the bushes getting ready to jump out and ambush him. He knew I had kiddos from the very beginning.
Also, he was not close to meeting my kiddos. Yes, we were seeing each other and went on vacation together, but our relationship was not to that point. He could have asked, but did not.
Be on guard when new people are coming into your life. Make sure you are honest from the start and let that person know that your children will always come first.
If you are rejected because you have kiddos, breathe. They are losing out on amazing people. There is someone out there for you and someone who will think your kiddos hung the moon.
Boy I wish I could write about a subject without experiencing it because frankly this one felt like a kick in the teeth.
I was dumped. Yes, I am 38, almost 39 and I was dumped. I kind of made me feel young. Looking back, I know the warning signs were there, but in my lovestruck haze, I could not see them for what they were. Looking back, sure, you can see lots of things clearly. I could sit and analyze them until the cows come home, but that won’t do any good at this point. I wouldn’t be able to use that information in the next relationship because again, in the blissful haze, one cannot see the warning signs even if you hit them over the head with them. Here is what I’m doing to survive.
- Be sad. So often, we try to avoid emotions, especially sadness. I took time to sit quietly and experience that sadness. It came with a lot of tears and a lot of used tissues. I did not die from the sadness. Sure it hurt, and it’s lingering, but it’s getting better.
- Look at things realistically. He wasn’t Prince Charming riding in on our horse. He is someone that I met Bumble. His profile did say he wanted kids, but in the end, that is why he dumped me. He didn’t want to continue on with someone that has kids. He and I would go out to dinner and enjoy each others company. He didn’t show interest in getting to know me (red flag I missed).
- Don’t carry his bag of crap around with me. That expression is from the old counseling days. My colleagues and I would tell our clients that everyone in life takes a crap in a bag. Gross image, but stay with me. In our bag is our stuff, anxiety, depression, fear, abandonment issues, etc… Our bag is tough enough to carry already. Do you will want to be responsible for carrying someone else’s bag O’ shit? He has issues with kids. That’s HIS issue. My kids are wonderful and amazing and that fact that he doesn’t want to be saddled with them is on him and not me. FYI, I wasn’t anywhere near the point of introducing my kiddos to him.
- Don’t trash him. Let’s take the high road shall we. The view is nicer from here. It will do no good for anyone. Yes, you may feel momentary joy, even down right giddiness, but that won’t last. I personally don’t take pleasure in causing someone else pain. With is job in the public, that would only hurt him and his career. And let’s face it, he broke up with me. That’s it. He didn’t kill my dog. I will leave him be and treatment with respect.
- Don’t turn to the booze, find a healthy outlet. I enjoy a glass of wine every once in a while, but I know me. One is ok, two is better, three is going to lead to four. After that, things get fuzzy. I asked myself what I have not had time for when I was going out with the dude. Running. I decided to get back to it and ran about three miles the day after the break-up. Find what you set aside and get back at it.
***FYI: If you do stalk your break-up online, BE CAREFUL!!! Make sure you don’t hit the like button my mistake. Enjoy!