And the weekend is coming to a close. I have been posting like a madwoman. That’s because I have been gone for a while. There is so much more going on that I will post later.
I have finished a much needed rewrite to a TV pilot I have been working on. I submitted it into a script competition earlier this year. I received the feedback, processed it, and made some changes that I love. I don’t have any delusions of winning the competition, but I conquered a major fear. I put something out there that I worked hard on and that I am proud of and had someone else read it and critique it. And guess what, I didn’t die. I truly feel like a badass. That feeling of pride is something I wish for all of you.
I am calling it a day, and will begin another week.
Until next time …
Yippee ki yay, Jake Peralta! NBC on Sunday released the first full-fledged trailer for Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6, which places the aforementioned Die Hard superfan at the center of his very own action movie. (He’s even wearing a wife beater, just like John McClane!) In the above video, Jake (Andy Samberg), Amy (Melissa Fumero), Rosa (Stephanie Beatriz)…
via Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6 Trailer: Jake Stars In Epic Action Film Parody — TVLine
I am always looking for a good comedy. I found one last night thanks to Hulu. It premiered last Friday night, so yes, I’m behind, but I had to put this out there.
David Allen Greir is Hank, sort of the grumpy old man of the group. He wants adventure and excitement. Martin Mull plays Charlie. Charlie is the answer to the question, “What happens when hippies grow old?” Leslie Jordan is a comedy treasure as Sid. Vickie Lawrence, or “Momma” as I remember her is … what’s better than brilliant? Whatever that is, multiple it be 12 and add 27 and that’s Vickie Lawrence.
The show comes from Charlie Day and Paul Fruchbom. Fruchbom is a writer, actor, director, etc.. I don’t know much about him. Day on the other hand, I am a big fan of and have been for a long time. He is one of the great minds behind It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
As someone that “cut the cord” and ditched cable, fall premiere week is very important. This fall premiere so far has not impressed me in the least. Some of the heavy hitters have come back with “meh” starts to their season. This show made up for all of the other “meh” out there.
I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard at a show. I laughed from start to finish. If you are in need of a laugh, as I think we all are these days, please check this show out.
I will leave the trailer for the show down below. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Until next time …
Hulu is one of my absolute favorite streaming services. There are tons of TV shows and movies that are perfect for wasting a rainy Saturday. Some would say I watch too much TV. I like to think of it as research. I have gone through my watch list and pulled 10 of my favorite shows. They are not in any specific order. Here we go …
- Deadliest Catch – I am pretty sure, that I would be 100% unsuccessful as a crab fisherman. The conditions that these guys endure are just absolutely amazing.
- Scandal – Amazing, just amazing.
- Community – I have to apologize for not having watched this show when it was on the air. It is one of the funniest shows.
- Family Matters – I have started hating the shows for kids nowadays. The children on those shows are brats and that way they talk to adults is disgusting. I have banned those shows in my house for my youngest child as she is starting to be disrespectful towards me. This show is one that I let me kids watch anytime.
- Billions – The world of hedge-funds never looked so good.
- Shameless – There is no other word for this show besides Shameless. The characters are amazing. I never want this show to end.
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia – As I write this, I am wearing my very own Paddy’s Irish Pub t -shirt. There is something about watching horrible people hatching schemes, getting stuck in playground equipment, and doing “Charlie work” that keeps me laughing.
- Orville – This is a brand new show and from the first episode I was hooked. It is so well written and has an amazing cast.
- House of Lies – I hated to see this show end. Trust me. Watch it.
- Matador – This is one that I knew nothing about. It started after one of the shows I had been watching ended. I decided to give it a try. Not disappointing at all. I was irritated that the show was cancelled after only one season.
To be able to watch Billions, Shameless,
and House of Lies you have to have the Showtime subscription. I feel that it’s worth the extra money.
That’s just a very short list of my favorite Hulu shows. There are so many more, but less is more. If you have any questions, ask them in the comments section. Or, if you have any of your own suggestions, I would be more than willing to give it a try. Until next time…